In today’s world, you no longer have to be in an office environment to have both incoming and outgoing fax services. Sending an eFax is as easy as printing a document, thanks to the eFax Messenger software for both the Mac and PC.
If you find yourself on the road using a public (or someone else’s) computer, you can still send a fax by attaching your fax to an e-mail or uploading a document to the eFax website. They support a wide range of file types [cookie-jar link="http://www.anrdoezrs.net/cr122tenkem17487A541325842A8" ctr="30" expire="30" period="d"](click here for a list).
If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, eFax even has a mobile app that allows you complete access to send and receive faxes right on your mobile device! Simply visit the iTunes store and search for eFax.
Sending an eFax is easy depending on where you are sending from. To send an efax, choose your send method below:
NOTE: To send a fax over the web, you will need an eFax Plus or eFax Pro account. If you don’t have one, click here to try it free for 30 days.
Once you have logged into your eFax account, here is what you do:
- Click on the Send Faxes icon/link on the right
- In the WebSend screen, enter the following information:
- The recipient’s name
- The recipient’s fax number
- (Optional) A subject and message for the cover page
- Click the browse button to find the document you want to send from your hard drive
- Click Send Fax
We told you sending an efax wasn’t difficult!
NOTE: To send a fax via e-mail, you will need an eFax Plus or eFax Pro account. If you don’t have one, click here to try it free for 30 days.
Sending an efax by email is literally the same as sending an email to anyone else. You can use any mail program (Outlook, Windows Mail, Mac Mail or others) or even webmail systems (Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail) with no download required!
IMPORTANT: The email address you send from must be one of the ones registered in your efax profile for this to work!
To send a fax via e-mail, follow these steps:
- Open your email program and create a new email message
- In the To field, enter the recipient’s fax number followed by @efaxsend.com
- Example: firstname.lastname@example.org would send to 1-202-333-4444
- Add any documents you want to send as attachments to the email. You can attach up to 10 files / 18MB.
- If you want a cover page, simply write what you want to say in the body of the e-mail. A cover page will automatically be created.
- Hit Send in your mail program
We told you it was as easy as sending an email!
We are creating a separate tutorial for sending faxes using this amazing tool. Please check back soon.
We hope this little tutorial answered your questions about sending an eFax and hope you will keep browsing our site for other cool tips and tricks. Happy Faxing!